How to connect to McDonald’s free WIFI? Turn on the network option on your device. McDonald’s WIFI pops up with terms or agreements. Accept the terms and then connect.
McDonald’s an American fast-food chain, was founded by the McDonald brothers “Richard and Maurice McDonald” in 1940. They began the business with a hamburger stand and then turned it into a franchise.
It is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, United States. McDonald’s has been offering its customers the best services for 80 years.
HOW TO CONNECT TO MCDONALD’S FREE WIFI?
McDonald’s WIFI has been free in the US since January 15, 2010. Back before January 2010, McDonald’s was charging its customers to use WIFI. With more than 11,500 hotspots, McDonald’s has the largest WIFI network in the United States. The WIFI is truly free and no purchase is required.
Follow these steps to connect to McDonald’s free WIFI.
- Connect to the “Wayport_Access” wireless network.
- Browse to any webpage; this leads you to the new McDonald’s welcome page.
- Look for the “Free Connection” option. Click it.
- Accept the terms and policies on the next page by checking the box and then the “Continue” button.
- Finally, McDonald’s WIFI will connect and welcome you to the internet on the next page.
FOR THE INTERNET EXPLORER USERS
If you are using the internet with Internet Explorer, then follow these given steps:
- When you click the “Free Connection” option, it will no longer be under your mouse cursor and WIFI will not connect on your device. Now the option is below.
- Re-click the option, and it will connect you to the free WIFI.
HOW TO CONNECT TO MCDONALD’S FREE WIFI WITH IOS?
How to connect to McDonald’s free WIFI with iOS? Connect McDonald’s free WIFI with your iPhone by following the steps:
- Go to your device setting and head towards the WIFI.
- Look for the McDonald’s Free WIFI or Wayport_Access and click it to select.
- Now, you will see the WIFI connection at the top of the window with an Unsecured Network status.
- Afterward, open a web browser on your device and it will automatically redirect you to the McDonald’s Free WIFI connection page. Click on the “Get Connected” option to get connected to McDonald’s free internet.
- Now you are connected to the McDonald’s internet and can enjoy surfing your favorite websites.
What is McDonald’s?
McDonald’s is considered the world’s largest restaurant chain by revenue. According to a 2020 report, McDonald’s has the ninth highest global brand valuation.
According to the 2018 report, McDonald’s is the world’s second-largest private employer with 1.7 million employees, falling after Walmart.
The drive-thru and in-store payments are quite similar. The restaurant started accepting Apple Pay in 2014. Customers can easily pay with iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.
FREE MCDONALD’S WIFI
Most McDonald’s locations offer free WIFI, however, some owners may disable the service; each location has its own terms and limitations of use.
Whenever you are within a range of that McDonald’s restaurant, navigate to your device’s WIFI setting, accept the terms of the agreement, there is no need for any purchase or special login credentials and you will be connected to free McDonald’s WIFI.
McDonald’s is offering free WIFI to its 11,500 out of its 14,000 locations. You can access the network to your laptop or mobile devices.
HOW TO CONNECT TO MCDONALD’S FREE WIFI WITH A LAPTOP?
How to connect to McDonald’s free WIFI through a laptop? You can connect your laptop to McDonald’s free WIFI very quickly and easily. Just follow the given steps and you will get connected to it.
- The first step is to click on the WIFI network option on the right bottom of the taskbar and look for “Free McDonald’s WIFI”.
- Click the connect option to get connected to the network.
- Once you get connected, you will see a browsing window containing McDonald’s terms of service.
- Afterward, click on the red “Get Connected” option beside the link of terms of services.
- At the top of the page, a message “You are connected to WIFI. Enjoy!” will pop up.
- This message confirms that you are connected to McDonald’s WIFI and you can now access your favorite site for free with high-speed internet.
MCDONALD’S FREE WIFIWAYPORT_ACCESS
Wayport is an Austin, Texas-based high-speed internet service provider. It is now called AT&T. In the United States, Wayport linked around 28,000 sites; about half were for McDonald’s free wireless Internet access. Follow these steps to connect to the McDonald’s WIFI Wayport_Access:
- Scan for an available WIFI with the “Wayport_Access” extension from your device.
- Click Wayport_Access, then “Connect”.
- Now, access any web browser and find the login page.
- You will need to access any web browser and locate the login page afterward.
McDonald’s is a popular restaurant chain. McDonald’s provides free WIFI in 11,500 locations. You can easily connect to its WIFI with any of your devices i.e. laptop, iPhone, Android phone, and Windows PC.
HOW TO CONNECT TO MCDONALD’S WIFI WITH A MAC?
Here are the steps to connect McDonald’s WIFI with Mac.
- Click on the WIFI icon in the upper right corner of the status menu bar.
- Now, click on the McDonald’s Free WIFI network. If you do not see a network by this name, then look for network names like wayport_access, att-wifi, or at wifi without a lock icon.
- Once connected, you will see a WIFI signal strength on the menu bar.
- Open your browser. Click on the red “Get Connected” button. This button also means that you agree to its terms of service.
- Once successfully connected, a message “You are connected to McDonald’s WIFI. Enjoy!” will display on your screen.
HOW TO CONNECT TO MCDONALD’S WIFI WITH AN ANDROID PHONE?
Here is how to connect to McDonald’s WIFI with an android phone.
- Go to Settings. Under “Network Connections”, you will see the WIFI option. Turn on the WIFI.
- All the available networks will appear. Choose the McDonald’s Free WIFI. If you do not see this network, then search for the names like wayport_access, or att-wifi, or at wifi.
- Open the browser. Enter the red “Get Connected” option, which also means that you accept all of McDonald’s internet terms of the agreement.
- A message “You are connected to McDonald’s WIFI. Enjoy!” will pop up on your screen. You can now use the free internet.
HOW TO CONNECT TO MCDONALD’S WIFI WITH A WINDOWS PC?
Read the following procedure to know how to connect to the McDonald’s WIFI with a Windows PC.
- Click on the WIFI icon on the bottom right of the Windows taskbar.
- Connect to the “McDonald’s Free WIFI” network. If you do not see this network, then go for wayport_access, att-wifi, or at wifi.
- Click on the red “Get Connected” button.
- Once successfully connected, you will receive a message “You are connected to McDonald’s WIFI. Enjoy!” You can now enjoy using free WIFI.
HOW TO FIND MCDONALD’S WIFI ACCESS?
How to find McDonald’s WIFI access? You can effortlessly find McDonald’s WIFI access near you by following these easy steps:
- Go to McDonald’s Restaurant Locator, enter your city name, or click on the “Locate Me” option, which will find your current location. It will provide you with a list of all McDonald’s restaurants near you.
- Now, check the location that offers free WIFI service.
- That McDonald’s location has a free hotspot, where you can get a free high-speed network through McDonald’s WIFI.
IS MCDONALD’S WIFI FAST?
McDonald’s is offering free WIFI in its more than 11,500 locations in the United States. Rotten WIFI, a powerful internet speed checker, examined the quality of McDonald’s internet service. According to Rotten WIFI, its users have measured WIFI speed at McDonald’s restaurants in 36 countries.
Results were quite different from each other depending on where the measurements were taken. McDonald’s provides the fastest WIFI in Australia with an average download speed of 5.05 Mbps. However, the slowest McDonald’s WIFI is in Ireland with an average download speed of just 0.07 Mbps.
In the United States, the WIFI speed is quite different in each state. The fastest McDonald’s WIFI is in Vermont with an average download speed of 3.92 Mbps, followed by Kentucky, which has an average download speed of 3.78 Mbps.
The slowest McDonald’s WIFI is in New Jersey, with an average recorded download speed of only 0.10 Mbps.
HOW DO I ACCEPT MCDONALD’S WIFI TERMS AND CONDITIONS?
You can easily accept terms of service. It is important to accept McDonald’s terms and conditions before using its free WIFI.
Here are some important McDonald’s WIFI terms and conditions.
- SERVICES FOR A LIMITED TIME
McDonald’s WIFI services are for a limited time, which means the user will automatically log out of the WIFI after a limited period. You will now need to log in to the WIFI again.
- WIFI SPEED
McDonald’s does not guarantee high-speed internet. The speed depends on the number of users, signal strength, and some other factors.
- NO SECURITY GUARANTEE
McDonald’s WIFI is public; it means anyone can connect to it from his or her device. You are not safe on the network means any intruder in the system might track your data and activity, and McDonald’s does not take responsibility for your data security.
- DOWNLOAD LIMITS
With McDonald’s free WIFI, you can only download up to 500 Mbs of data per session.
- LIMITED NUMBER OF USERS
McDonald’s hotspot location only supports a limited number of users at a time. If the users reach the limit, then you cannot connect to the network.
- CUSTOMERS DATA
McDonald’s also uses customer-provided data to improve its services.
Some websites are blocked by default on the network to ensure the user’s data is safe. Through McDonald’s free WIFI, you cannot access adult sites, downloading sites, or any other kind of illegal websites.
- Incredible thing is that McDonald’s free WIFI offers fast service. McDonald’s fastest free WIFI service is in Australia, while the slowest is in Ireland.
- One of the interesting features of their wifi is that you can effortlessly connect to the McDonald’s network with any of your devices.