What information does Readersfact collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site and gather data when you participate in the forum by reading, writing, and evaluating the content shared here.
When registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name and e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site without registering. Your e-mail address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, we know that you control the e-mail address.
When registered and posting, we record the IP address that the post originated from. We also may retain server logs which include the IP address of every request to our server.
What information our partners like Google may collect?
We closely work & comply with Google products (and their policies) on our website, this may include Google Analytics for tracking our web traffic or use of Google Advertising via Google Adsense. Please see How Google uses data when you use Google partners’ sites or apps? This basically means that third parties like Google may be placing and reading cookies on our users’ browsers, or using web beacons to collect information as a result of ad serving on our website.
We also comply with EU user consent policy, CCPA & GDPR, especially for our Europe/EU/EEA audience.
Our compliance with Google and 3rd party Advertisers/Partners
- Google’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to our users based on their visit to our sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
- Any content you create on our platform must be compliant with Google Publisher Content Policies and our own Terms of Service.
If you have not opted out of third-party ad serving, the cookies of other third-party vendors or ad networks may also be used to serve ads on our site, which can be explained in the following manner:
- We will notify our site visitors of the third-party vendors and ad networks serving ads on our site.
- We will provide links to the appropriate vendor and ad network websites. (If we are in partnership with them).
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- Personalize your experience. The information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- Improve our site. Our experts continuously work to improve our website offerings depending upon the feedback and information we receive from you.
- Improve customer service your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails. The email address that you provide may be used to send you notifications that you request about changes to topics or in response to respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
What is your data retention policy?
We will make a good faith effort to:
- Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server no more than 90 days.
- Retain the IP addresses associated with registered users and their posts no more than 5 years.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). These cookies enable the site to recognize your browser and, if you have a registered account, associate it with your registered account.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our site. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Our site, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If this server is in the USA, and you are under the age of 13, per the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), do not use this site.