Does Home Depot take Apple Pay? Unfortunately, No. Home Depot does not take Apple Pay in-stores or online. However, Home Depot takes PayPal.
DOES HOME DEPOT TAKE APPLE PAY?
Sadly, Home Depot does not accept Apple Pay in-store or online as of 2021. Also, it does not plan to accept it in near future. However, Home Depot used to take Apple Pay, but now it no longer accepts it as a method of payment. Alternatively, Home Depot customers can use PayPal on their phones to make their payments in-store and online.
Apple Pay is a digital wallet and mobile payment service. It allows making payments in iOS apps, in person, and on the web using Safari. It is the easiest, most convenient, and safest payment option.
WHY DOES NOT HOME DEPOT TAKE APPLE PAY?
Why does not Home Depot take Apple Pay? The most likely reason is Home Depot’s partnership with PayPal in 2012. This partnership may have pressured Home Depot to delay the support of Apple Pay. Home Depot is the first retailer to negotiate a partnership with PayPal. Therefore, it does not accept Apple Pay, considering they are direct competitors.
Another reason could be technology. Apple Pay and other mobile payment systems rely on a method called Near Field Communication (NFC). This payment system facilitates contactless payments between mobile devices and chip credits with the pin pad. Because NFC is a relatively new technology, many retailers have been slow to adopt it.
DID HOME DEPOT EVER TAKE APPLE PAY BEFORE?
Did Home Depot ever take Apple Pay before? Yes, Home Depot accept Apple Payback in 2015. However, Home Depot has never officially claimed to have started or stopped accepting this payment option. Many users successfully made transactions with Apple Pay.
In May 2015, Home Depot announced that their 2000 stores would support Apple Pay. But Home Depot never provided a clear timetable. Shortly after the announcement, Home Depot blocked the use of Apple Pay in their stores and online.
Since that time, nothing has changed. Customers cannot use Apple Pay at Home Depot stores. Thus transactions can be completed with a Home Depot gift card. Also, users have the option of their own consumer credit card or other credit cards, cash, or PayPal.
WILL HOME DEPOT EVER TAKE APPLE PAY IN THE FUTURE?
Will Home Depot ever take Apple Pay in the future? Home Depot has not made any official announcement regarding the acceptance of Apple Pay as a payment method.
A scan of varied internet message forums suggests that Apple Pay compatibility is on the way. But this is without confirmation from the spokesman. So, it is just speculation with no time frame attached.
WHAT PAYMENT METHODS DOES HOME DEPOT TAKE?
What payment methods does Home Depot take? Home Depot takes several other payment methods.
- The basic way is with cash. At Home Depot stores, it will accept cash at their in-person checkout lanes as well as their self-service checkout lanes.
- Another method is with personal checks. Paying with a check is only an in-store method. You cannot pay with a check for an online purchase.
- Home Depot also has its own credit card called “Home Depot Consumer Credit Card”. You can only use this card at stores. Home Depot Credit Cards offer some rewards like discounted or free items when you make certain purchases.
- You can also use Home Depot gift cards to pay for the items at the store. There are a variety of different gift card amounts. It also accepts eGift cards.
- Gladly, you can also use PayPal to pay for your bills at Home Depot. You can use PayPal Cash Credit Card at Home Depot stores, also online or with the mobile app.
- Home Depot also accepts some other credit cards for payment. You have the following options.
- American Express
DOES HOME DEPOT TAKE PAYPAL?
Does Home Depot take PayPal? Yes, Home Depot takes PayPal as a payment method in-store and online as of 2021. Customers can use PayPal Cash Cards to pay for their bills. Home Depot customers previously paid through PayPal using a mobile phone number and pin system. However, this method was discontinued in 2018.
HOW TO USE PAYPAL IN-STORE AT HOME DEPOT?
You can pay through PayPal by using the PayPal Cash Card in-store at Home Depot. The payment method is the same as a credit card. Check the steps below on to how to use PayPal in-store at Home Depot.
- You just need to swipe the card through the terminal. It will take the information.
- You will receive a prompt. Then type a PIN for security reasons.
- Once you type in your PIN, the payment will go through, and your purchase will be complete.
HOW TO USE PAYPAL AT HOME DEPOT WEBSITE?
How to use PayPal on the Home Depot website? Follow these steps to pay via PayPal on the website.
- Log in to your Home Depot account. Then select the items you want to purchase. After that place them in your cart.
- Next, click on “Go to Cart”. Here are all the items you have selected. If you want to eliminate any of them from your cart, just click “Remove”.
- You can now click on “Continue Shopping”. After that, you are directed to checkout.
- Now, you will see the payment page. Click “Checkout with PayPal” to complete your payment.
- After clicking on it, your PayPal account sign-in page will be automatically loaded.
- Sign in to your PayPal account. It redirects to the Home Depot payment page to complete the procedure. Once the payment is completed, your order will be shipped to you in no time.
HOW TO USE PAYPAL ON THE HOME DEPOT MOBILE APP?
These steps will help you to use PayPal on Home Depot mobile apps.
- Download the Home Depot app on your mobile phone.
- Select the items to add to your cart.
- You will see the PayPal checkout button at the bottom of the page.
DOES HOME DEPOT TAKE GOOGLE PAY?
Home Depot does not take Google Pay as a mobile payment method in-store or online (as of 2021). It is likely due to its partnership with PayPal. Home Depot was all set to accept Google Pay, along with other contactless payment methods, all the way back in 2015 but it never came to pass.
DOES HOME DEPOT TAKE SAMSUNG PAY?
Does Home Depot take Samsung Pay? Home Depot does take Samsung Pay as their payment option at most of the locations.
Here is how to use Samsung Pay at Home Depot.
- Download Samsung Pay on your mobile phone.
- Follow the instructions, and add your credit and debit payment cards.
- When it is time to pay for an item, just click on the app again.
- Enter the “Pay” option.
- Choose one of your uploaded cards that you would like to pay with.
- Next, type your PIN or IRIS to confirm that it is you. Alternatively, if you have the fingerprint ID scanner already connected, you can scan your fingerprint as security confirmation.
- Next, tap the back of your mobile phone against the card reader (note that this will only work if the card machine has a contactless option).
DOES CHICK-FIL-A TAKE APPLE PAY?
Does Chick-Fil-A take Apple Pay? Yes, Chick-Fil-A does take Apple Pay as its payment option in-restaurant, drive-thru, also on the Chick-Fil-A app. Chick-Fil-A also accepts some other ways of payments like through PayPal.
DOES MCDONALD’S TAKE APPLE PAY?
Does McDonald’s take Apple Pay? Yes, McDonald’s accepts Apple Pay in-stores and drive-thru at all the locations of the United States. McDonald’s is one of the first adopters of Apple Pay. It has been accepting Apple Pay since 2014.
DOES BURGER KING TAKE APPLE PAY?
Does Burger King take Apple Pay? Unfortunately, no, Burger King does not take Apple pay as their payment option in-store, online, or even through BK mobile app in the United States. However, Burger King started accepting Apple Pay only on its mobile app, but then it stopped in 2019.
To know further, CLICK HERE.
DOES TACO BELL TAKE APPLE PAY?
Does Taco Bell take Apple Pay? Yes, Taco Bell allows its customers to pay for their bills through Apple Pay. Taco Bell has been taking Apple Pay since January 2019. Now, more than 7,000 Taco Bell locations are accepting Apple Pay.
- Does Home Depot take Apple Pay? No, Home Depot does not accept Apple Pay in-store or online. Home Depot used to take this payment method, but now it does not, nor does it plan to in the near future.
- Home Depot allows its customers to pay their bills through PayPal at stores, online, and through its mobile app.
- Home Depot and PayPal partnership began in 2012. This partnership is considered as the reason why Home Depot is not accepting Apple Pay.
1 thought on “DOES HOME DEPOT TAKE APPLE PAY? 2022 Review”
I read your blog .Having very use full information help me a lot .I will read more Article on your blog .
Comments are closed.