Philip Brian Scott (born August 4, 1958) is an American politician who has been the 82nd Governor of Vermont since 2017. As a member of the Republican Party, he won the 2016 general election with 52% of the vote. In 2018 he was re-elected by a clear majority for a second term. He previously served as the 80th Lt. Governor of Vermont, a position he held from 2011 to 2017. Before becoming Lt. Governor, he was a State Senator from Washington County from 2001 to 2011.
|Real Name||Philip Brian Scott|
|Nick Name||Phil Scott|
|Born||August 4, 1958|
|Age||61 years old (As of 2020)|
|Profession||Politician, Construction company owner|
|Known For||82nd Governor of Vermont|
|Birthplace||Barre, Vermont, U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet – 5’8″|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
|Spouse/ Wife||Diana McTeague|
|Children||(2) Erica and Rachael|
|Education||University of Vermont (BS)|
|Net Worth||Approx $14 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||,|
Phil Scott age, height and weight
- In 2020, Phil Scott is 61 years old.
- He is 5 feet 8 inches tall.
- It weighs about 70kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and his hair is blonde.
- He wears a UK size 9.
Phil Scott with his wife Diana McTeague
Fast facts on Phil Scott
Phil Scott is getting married
- Phil Scott has been married to Diana McTeague since 2020.
- Scott lives in Berlin, Vermont with his wife Diana McTeague Scott and their two dogs.
- He has two adult daughters, Erica and Rachel.
Phil Scott Youth and Education
- Scott was born on August 4, 1958 in Barr, Vermont.
- He has American citizenship.
- It is of white origin.
- According to his background, he graduated from Barre Spalding High School in 1976 and from the University of Vermont in 1980, where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Education.
Phil Scott’s career
- According to Phil’s Business Career, after graduating from high school, Scott began working for DuBois Construction, a Middlesex company founded by his uncle. Scott became a partner in 1986.
- Scott is the former president of Vermont Associated General Contractors.
- On January 6, 2012, a fire at DuBois Construction caused extensive damage, but the owners were able to recover and continue operations.
- After being elected governor, Scott sold his interest in the company to avoid potential conflicts of interest, since DuBois Construction does business with the state of Vermont.
- He sold his 50% stake for $2.5 million plus 3% interest payable over 15 years.
- Scott said he chose to finance the sale himself rather than ask the company to lend him money to pay it back in full in order to maintain the company’s ability to underwrite bonds.
- Critics have suggested that Scott’s sale of his stake in the company did not entirely eliminate potential conflicts of interest, but Scott and the attorney who negotiated the sale on his behalf disagreed.
Phil Scott Salary and Net Worth
- In 2020, Phil Scott’s salary is estimated to be around $178,274.
- His main source of income is his political career.
Facts about Phil Scott
- Scott called for changes to Act 46 to improve cost containment measures, introduce property tax cuts, maintain local control and school choice, and allow communities to retain savings from the school district merger.
- Scott supports choice and supports same-sex marriage.
- He signed a law on gender-neutral sanitation that aims to recognize the rights of transgender people.
- In 2017, $48 million in clean water funding was approved.
- He is a motorsports champion.
- In 2002, he became a three-time champion, winning the Thunder Road and Airborne Late Model Series track championships and the American Canadian Tour championship.
- He also competed in the British Stock Car Association (BriSCA) Formula 1 World Championship in 2005, but failed to make it.