You may think that can someone see your address on the amazon wishlist. Amazon wishlist offers a setting where you can edit your privacy. No one can see your address on the amazon wishlist if you have managed your privacy.
Can Someone See Your Address on The Amazon Wishlist? No, If someone buys a gift for you from your wishlist, amazon will just show your name and the name of your city.
Can people see my address on the amazon wishlist?
No! If someone buys something on your amazon wishlist and if you have edited your privacy while creating the wishlist, amazon will not show your address to the buyers. The only thing that amazon show is your name and the name of your city.
Furthermore, when you receive a registry or gift from someone that is bought from amazon, amazon sends it to you anonymously.
The sender’s name is not revealed until the sender places some paper in the parcel with his name and address.
If someone buys from your amazon wish list do they see your address?
There is no need to be confused about whether can someone see your address from your Amazon wishlist. Amazon cares for your privacy and it’s not included in amazon’s policies to share your address with your wishlist.
Your address is entirely a private thing when it comes to amazon and buyers will not be able to see our address.
How do I make an Amazon wish list public without people seeing my address?
Well, you don’t need to be worried about your address if you make your wish list public. By default, amazon keeps your address private. So no one can see your address unless you make it public yourself.
How to add items to your amazon wishlist from other websites?
Yet there are some conditions about conditions to show the address to a third-party buyer if you have chosen some items on your wishlist from some other websites.
There is a different process to add items to your amazon wishlist from another website that is summarized as follows:
Create an amazon wishlist
Edit your privacy to hide the address or other personal information
Install amazon assistant application on your mobile phone or personal computer
Go to the desired shopping website from where you want to add the items to your amazon wishlist
Chose the item that you want to add to the wish list
Select the amazon assistant button to open the amazon wishlist
Add the required item to your amazon wishlist
If you provide your personal information i.e. the address, credit cards, etc., and agree to those sites then amazon is not responsible for address disclosure.
- If an item that you choose from a website other than Amazon is also available at Amazon, amazon will notify you whether you want to buy it from the other site or from amazon.
- A “shop this store” button will show up if someone is searching for the “Non-amazon item” from your Amazon wish list.
- Transactions for the items purchased from non-amazon sites are outside the amazon and amazon will not be responsible for any kind of privacy disruption.
Hence, even if you purchase the items on your wish list from a third-party seller, your shipping address and personal information are not disclosed by Amazon.
Can I see who purchased from my amazon wishlist?
If the person who bought an item for you from your amazon wishlist is willing to disclose his identity then yes, you can see who purchased your amazon wishlist.
Yet, there is an amazon thank you list that shows the names and addresses of the individuals who buy from your amazon registry. But, if you want to check the items that you purchased on your own, thank you list doesn’t show the items purchased by yourself.
How does the amazon wish list work?
How to create an Amazon wish list and how the amazon wish list works are important questions. What is an Amazon wish list? Well Amazon wish list is the list or registry of items that a person wishes to buy either from Amazon or a website other than Amazon.
The creation and the working of an Amazon wishlist are not so complicated if you have a smartphone or computer. You can make an amazon account and amazon wish list within no time.
You can either install the amazon application on your smartphone or log into the amazon.com website for creating an Amazon account.
How to create an Amazon wish list?
Now the first question is how to create an Amazon wish list. Amazon wishlist creation is a step secondary to the creation of an Amazon account. First, you log in to amazon, then the next step is to create the wish list. The following steps are involved in the creation of a wishlist:
On the top right of the home page of Amazon, there is an option for “Accounts and Lists”, when you click that option, the following options start showing up:
- Create list
- Find a list or registry
- AmazonSmile charity list
Go for “create list” and now you are all ready to generate your own amazon wishlist. The list can be shared with friends and family.
After creating your wishlist and can share it with your friends by sending them the link to the wishlist via email address.
But, here is a condition to accessing the wishlists of your friends and relatives you can only see them if they have shared the lists with you.
Permission is granted in the same way as you share your list with them. Once you receive a link to a friend or relative’s wishlist, you can check it and buy some surprise gifts for them.
- Most of the time, a baby registry created by “parents to be” is accessible to the public. You can search the required list by adding the expected birth date of the baby, or address.
- However, there is a different procedure to access the wishlist made by your friends or relatives. You will need an access to a friend’s wish list if you want to buy a gift for them from their list.
You can pick up and buy the gift items from a friend or relative’s wishlist and send them a surprise gift anonymously without showing up your name.
Amazon discloses the name only if you add some slip in the gift box with your name and address mentioned on it.
Otherwise, neither the address of the list owner is disclosed to the buyer nor the name or address of a sender is disclosed to the receiver.
Can someone cancel an amazon wishlist order?
Yes, someone can cancel an amazon wish list order but it’s only possible if the buyer cancels it within a few hours of purchase. An Amazon employee can look into the canceled orders by going to “Advanced search”, going to “manage orders” and clicking the “canceled”.
Who can see my Amazon wishlist?
Privacy settings that opt for are the determinants of the viewers of your amazon wishlist. Those people can see your amazon wishlist with whom you have shared your list if you have managed your privacy carefully.
For editing the privacy of an amazon wishlist, just click the option saying “More” and then head towards the option of “manage list”.
- Once you are done with your privacy settings then there is no trouble regarding the personal address or private details you don’t want to disclose to anyone.
- But if you share your personal details with websites other than amazon then the breakage of privacy will not be under the umbrella of amazon.
Does amazon notify you when someone buys something off your wishlist?
Yes! Because there are chances of duplicate purchases if you are unaware of the purchase that someone makes from your wishlist. You are either notified by amazon or if you miss that notification, there is another option to check the purchased items by yourself.
There are options to show the purchased and unpurchased items in the amazon wishlist and one can check them by going to the “filter and sort” option to check the items.
How do you find out who gifted you something on amazon?
The data security policy of amazon doesn’t allow it to disclose the name of an individual who sends you something from your amazon registry. The address is disclosed only if the sender is interested in disclosing his details.
If someone sends you a slip with his name and address then that is the only condition you will be aware of a sender otherwise amazon registries work anonymously.
Frequently asked question
Various people have questions related to “Can someone see your address on Amazon wish list?”. Some of them have been answered in this section:
1. How do I hide my address on an amazon wish list?
Hiding your address on the Amazon wish list is as simple as the creation of the list. There are options showing up as “public” or “private” settings. If you don’t want to show your address to others, you can set your privacy as “private”.
2. Is it safe to share your amazon wish list?
Creating and using the amazon wish list is quite safe until there is some exploitation. There is a privacy option if you want to hide your wish list from the public.
you can share your list with people you want by sending them the link to the wish list via email. However, baby registries are sometimes made public but amazon’s wish list is not public.
3. What happens when you share your Amazon wish list?
Amazon wish list is the list of items that you want to purchase from Amazon or some other site. There are privacy options that can be used to make the wish list public or private.
If amazon’s wish list is public, anyone can see the items you have added to it. However, there is no potential threat of addressing leaks via a wish list. By using the “share” option, you can make the list visible to those with whom you have shared the link.
4. When does amazon charge you?
When does amazon charge you? well According to the amazon official statement posted on their website: If you use a credit card to purchase an Amazon item, we will not charge you until the order reaches the shipping process.
If you purchase something from one of our 3rd sellers, the seller may charge your credit card at the time of purchase.
5. Does the amazon wishlist show your address?
No amazon wishlist doesn’t show your address. Amazon keeps your privacy secure the only thing a buyer can see from your amazon wishlist is your name and your’s city name.
- If you have some items on your wishlist from some other websites, and someone buys you that item, then the situation can be different.
- Address, cash transfer, and all other transactions between the owner of the wishlist and that website are outside the domain of amazon.
- Thus, if the sender chooses such items then there may be different protocols for other websites and amazon isn’t responsible for them.
- Similarly, the name and address of the sender are not revealed by amazon unless the sender wants to disclose this.
- To create an Amazon wish list, install an amazon application or log in to amazon.com. There is an option of “accounts and lists” from where you can go to “Create a list”.
- After list creation, you can edit the privacy either as “Public” or “Shared”, while if you choose “public”, your wishlist is accessible by anyone.
- If you choose “shared”, then only those with the link to the wishlist will be able to see it.