Thomas Westerman Wolf (born November 17, 1948) is an American politician and businessman who served as the 47th Governor of Pennsylvania since January 20, 2015. A member of the Democratic Party, he defeated incumbent Republican Tom Corbett in the election government in 2014. and was re-elected in 2018 with a majority of 17.1%. Prior to his election as Governor, Wolf served as Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of the Treasury from April 2007 to November 2008 and ran the family business.
|Real Name||Thomas Westerman Wolf|
|Nick Name||Tom Wolf|
|Born||November 17, 1948|
|Age||71 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||47th Governor of Pennsylvania|
|Birthplace||Mount Wolf, Pennsylvania, U.S|
|Height/ Tall||In feet – 5’8″|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: William Trout Wolf
Mother: Late Cornelia Rohlman
|Spouse/ Wife||Frances Donnelly (m. 1975)|
|Education||1. Dartmouth College (BA)
2. University of London (MPhil)
3. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (PhD)
|Net Worth||Approx $20 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||, ,|
Tom Wolf Age, height and weight
- In 2020, Tom Wolf is 71 years old.
- He is 5 feet 9 inches tall.
- It weighs about 70kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and his hair is blonde.
- Wear UK size 9.
Fast facts on Tom Wolfe
wife of tom wolf
- Tom Wolf has been married to Frances Donnelly since 2020, since 1975.
- He met his wife Frances at school and married her in 1975.
- They also have two adult daughters.
- His previous dating history is not in the public domain.
Tom Wolf with his wife Frances Donnelly and their daughter
Tom Wolf Youth and education
- Wolf was born on November 17, 1948 in Mount Wolf, Pennsylvania, United States.
- He has US citizenship and is of white ethnicity.
- His father is William Trout Wolff, a businessman, and his mother is the late Cornelia Rohlman.
- He grew up Methodist, but is now affiliated with the Episcopal Church.
- After completing his education, Wolf graduated from The Hill School in Pottstown, Pennsylvania in 1967.
- He then earned a Bachelor of Arts. in government, cum laude, from Dartmouth College, M.Phil. from the University of London in 1978 and a PhD. she earned a bachelor’s degree in political science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1981.
- As a student at Dartmouth College, Wolf joined the Peace Corps and spent two years in India.
- After earning his Ph.D., his thesis on the United States House of Representatives was voted the best of the year by the American Political Science Association in 1981.
- Wolf turned down an interview for a permanent position at Harvard University to begin his career with The Wolf Organization as manager of his own True Value business.
Tom Wolf’s career
- In keeping with his career, he purchased The Wolf Organization in 1985 with two employees.
- During the administration of Governor Robert P. Casey, Wolf served on the Economic Development Committee and the Pennsylvania City Schools Legislative Commission.
- After selling his company to a private equity firm in 2006, Wolf was appointed Pennsylvania Secretary of the Treasury in January 2007 by then Governor Ed Rendell.
- He held this position in Rendell’s cabinet from his confirmation by the Pennsylvania State Senate in April 2007 until his resignation in November 2008.
- He planned to run for governor of Pennsylvania in the 2010 election, but ultimately did not, to take over the Wolf Organization, which was at risk of going bankrupt.
- Wolf continued to serve as an officer in the Wolf Organization until his election as governor.
- He served as chairman and CEO until stepping down from his last post in December 2013 to focus on his campaign for governor and board of directors following his election in December 2014.
- He is the first Governor of Pennsylvania to win election twice and lose both times in his hometown district.
Tom Wolf Salary and Net Worth
- In 2020, Tom Wolf’s salary is estimated to be around $194,850.
- Governor Tom Wolfe and First Lady Frances Wolfe generated more than $4.5 million in revenue in 2015, and a spokesman for the governor said he donated nearly a third of that revenue to charity.
- The couple’s earnings included his $201,319 of his official governor’s salary, which he donated to the United Public Service Conscription charity campaign run by government agencies.
- He also received $32,044 last year as final payment for income earned by the Wolf Organization in 2014.
- Frances Wolf’s business brought in $12,386, which contributed to the couple’s annual income.
Facts about Tom Wolf
- Wolf was sworn in as the 47th Governor of Pennsylvania when Corbett’s term expired on January 20, 2015, with the inauguration ceremony being held in front of the Pennsylvania State Capitol in Harrisburg.
- He preferred not to move into the Pennsylvania governor’s residence, but to commute to work from his home in York.