John Peter Ricketts (born August 19, 1964) is an American politician and businessman who has been the 40th Governor of Nebraska since 2015. He is a member of the Republican Party.
|Real Name||John Peter Ricketts|
|Nick Name||Pete Ricketts|
|Born||August 19, 1964|
|Age||55 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||40th Governor of Nebraska since 2015|
|Birthplace||Nebraska City, Nebraska, U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet – 5’7″|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: Marlene Ricketts
|Spouse/ Wife||Susanne Shore (m. 1997)|
|Children||(3) Roscoe, Margot, and Eleanor|
|Education||University of Chicago (BA, MBA)|
|Net Worth||Approx $60 million – $70 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||, ,|
|Awards||2016 World Series champion|
Height, weight and age of Pete Rickett.
- Pete Ricketts turns 55 in 2020.
- He stands at a height of 5 feet 7 inches tall.
- It weighs about 70kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and he has brown hair.
- He wears a UK size 9.
Brief information about Pete Ricketts
Pete Ricketts with his wife Suzanne Shore
wife of pete ricketts
- As of 2020, Pete Ricketts is married to Suzanne Shore.
- In 1997, Ricketts married Suzanne Shore.
- A native of Garden City, Kansas, Shore grew up in Tulsa, Oklahoma and earned a bachelor’s degree in English and an MBA from Oklahoma State University.
- After serving as Dean of the University of South Dakota, she came to Omaha to take a year-long nursing course at Creighton University.
- At the time of her marriage to Ricketts, she was a registered nurse at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Omaha.
- Ricketts and Shore have three children named Roscoe, Margot, and Eleanor.
- The couple is currently in a government mansion.
Youth and education of Pete Rickett
- Ricketts was born on August 19, 1964 in Nebraska City, Nebraska, USA.
- he is catholic
- He is the oldest of four children born to Joe and Marlene Ricketts.
- Joe Ricketts was a businessman and Marlene was a professional teacher.
- The family moved to Omaha, where in 1975 Joe founded First Omaha Securities, one of the first discount companies in the United States.
- The company prospered, changing its name to Ameritrade, going public in 1997, and changing its name to TD Ameritrade after acquiring TD Waterhouse in 2006.
- Ricketts and her siblings Tom, Laura, and Todd attended Westside High School in Omaha, where Ricketts graduated in 1982.
- Based on his background, he attended the University of Chicago, earning a bachelor’s degree in biology in 1986 and an MBA in marketing and finance in 1991.
Pete Rickett’s career
- In keeping with his career, Ricketts returned to Omaha after graduation.
- He worked for a year for the Union Pacific Railroad, then as an employee of an environmental consulting firm in Chicago.
- In 1993 he joined his father’s company, first working in a call center for several months, then his father assigned him to various high-level positions, and finally, under his father’s direction, he was appointed COO of the company. business. 8217 as CEO.
- In a 2006 report, he stated that his net worth was between $45 million and $50 million.
- He was a co-founder, director, and president of the Platte Institute for Economic Research, which in 2007 he dubbed the “free market think tank.”
- He is a member of the Knights of Columbus and the Knights of the Holy Sepulchre.
Pete Ricketts net worth
- As of 2020, he stated that his net worth is between $60 million and $70 million.
- In 1995, Joe Ricketts merged his Nebraska-based stock brokerage firm with a small online trading company to form Ameritrade and went public two years later.
- In 2006, Ricketts led Ameritrade to acquire TD Waterhouse for $1.7 billion and changed the name of the company to TD Ameritrade.
- Ricketts stepped down as chairman in 2008 and he and his family own just under 12% of the company, with his son Todd on the board.
- His son Peter was elected Governor of Nebraska in 2014.
- The family is majority owner of the Chicago Cubs baseball team, which sold shares in 2014 to raise $150 million to renovate Wrigley Field.
- The sale valued the Cubs at a record $1.8 billion.
- In addition, the Ricketts family owns approximately 25% of Chicago’s CSN television network.
Awards & Honors
- 2016 World Series Champion – As part owner of the Chicago Cubs.
- St. Cloud, Minnesota, honorary president of the Bald Men’s Club.
Facts about Pete Ricketts
- He is a strong supporter of the death penalty.
- He opposes the legalization of medical marijuana.
- Ricketts was sworn in as the 40th Governor of Nebraska on January 8, 2015, at the Nebraska State Capitol.
- Ricketts ran for Governor of Nebraska in the 2014 election.
- He announced his candidacy for re-election in the 2018 elections.
- One of the signers, Laura Ebke, changed her registration from Republican to Libertarian soon after, citing Ricketts’ speech as one of the factors that motivated her to make the switch.