Edward Miner Lamont, Jr. (born January 3, 1954) is an American businessman and politician who served as the 89th Governor of Connecticut on January 9, 2019. A member of the Democratic Party, he was a Greenwich alderman from 1987 to 1989. Ran for US Senate in 2006, defeating incumbent Sen. Joe Lieberman in the state’s Democratic primary, but was defeated in the general election by Lieberman, who then ran as a third-party candidate.
|Real Name||Edward Miner Lamont Jr.|
|Nick Name||Ned Lamont|
|Born||January 3, 1954|
|Age||66 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||89th governor of Connecticut|
|Birthplace||Washington, D.C., U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet – 5’7″|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Parents||Father: Edward Miner Lamont
Mother: Camille Helene
|Spouse/ Wife||Ann Huntress (m. 1983)|
|Children||(3) Emily, Lindsay, and Teddy|
|Education||1. Harvard University (BA)
2. Yale University (MBA)
|Net Worth||Approx $200 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||, ,|
Ned Lamont Age, Height and Weight
- In 2021, Ned Lamont is 66 years old.
- How tall is Ned Lamont? He is 5 feet 7 inches tall.
- It weighs about 70kg.
- His eye color is light brown and he also has light brown hair.
- Wear UK size 9.
Wiki Ned Lamont
Ned Lamont with his wife Ann Huntress
Ned Lamont’s wife
- Ned Lamont has been married to Ann Huntress since 2020.
- On September 10, 1983, Lamont married Ann Huntress, a venture capitalist and managing partner of Oak Investment Partners.
- They have three children named Emily, Lindsey, and Teddy.
- He and his family live in Greenwich and have a vacation home in North Haven, Maine.
- The Lamont Gallery on the campus of Phillips Exeter Academy and the Lamont Library at Harvard University are named after his family.
Biography, family and education of Ned Lamont
- Lamont was born on January 3, 1954, in Washington, DC to Camille Helen (née Buzzby) and Edward Miner Lamont.
- His mother was born in San Juan, Puerto Rico, to American parents.
- He later worked in the office of Senator Estes Kefauver.
- His father, an economist, worked on the Marshall Plan and later served in the Nixon Administration’s Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- He is the great-grandson of former President J.P. Morgan & Co., Thomas W. Lamont and great-grandson of former American Civil Liberties Union director Corliss Lamont.
- He is a distant descendant of the colonial chronicler Thomas Minor, hence his middle name.
- Lamont’s family moved to Laurel Hollow, Long Island when he was seven years old.
- The oldest of three children, he and his sisters attended East Woods School.
- In keeping with Ned’s education, he attended Phillips Exeter Academy and was president of the student newspaper The Exonian.
- After graduating from Phillips Exeter in 1972, he earned a bachelor’s degree in sociology from Harvard College in 1976 and an MBA from Yale School of Management in 1980.
Ned Lamont’s career
- As of 2021, Ned Lamont’s net worth is estimated to be around $200 million.
- Lamont, the house is a $7 million, 8,300-square-foot colonial nestled behind dense coniferous trees and a tall deer-proof fence on a secluded, private cul-de-sac in downtown Greenwich.
- Lamont’s eight bathrooms have become the subject of controversy in elementary schools.
- An adjacent $1.6 million two-acre property has been added for privacy.
- A few miles away, in Long Island Sound, a 22-foot Mako speedboat is anchored.
- In 2005, Ned and Ann Lamont purchased 32 acres at 0 Lakewood Drive and 23 acres at 0 Northrup Street in Bridgewater, near Lake Lilinon.
- Each of the vacant lots sold for $2.2 million, according to the city inspector.
- The Stefanovski conditions can be described as “the state of top management.” According to industry analysis, he earned more than $2 million a year as a corporate executive and millions in stock options during most of his career before taking over as CEO at Dollar Financial Group in London.
- His wife, Amy Stefanovski, a real estate agent, rented at least one of the waterfront homes on private Soundview Avenue over the summer for $5,000 a week.
- Lamont’s inherited wealth and investment income received more than 100 years ago by great-grandfather Thomas W. Lamont, a prominent New York banker, represent an entirely different money plan. When he ran for the US Senate in 2006, he estimated his fortune to be between $90 million and $300 million. His wife, Annie Lamont, is the CEO of a multibillion-dollar venture capital and private equity firm that was only named by Forbes magazine in 2014 as one of the top technology investors in the country.
Facts about Ned Lamont
- Lamont initially supported Chris Dodd’s presidential campaign.
- In March 2008, he was elected a state delegate to the 2008 Democratic National Convention, declaring his support for Obama.
- In 2010 he announced his candidacy in the 2010 government elections.
- In a poll from the last quarter of 2019, he was ranked as the fourth most unpleasant governor in the United States, with 51% disapproving and 32% agreeing.
- With COVID-19 cases rising rapidly in Connecticut and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommending the use of masks for those who have been vaccinated in areas of the country with high transmission rates, the Governor Ned Lamont has a series of decisions Produce.
Read Also :