Michael Richard “Mike” Pence is the 48th Vice President of the United States. Elected on November 8, 2016. On July 15, 2016, President Donald Trump announced that he had chosen Pence as his running mate. Pence served as the 50th Governor of Indiana from January 14, 2013, to January 9, 2017. In April 2013, an analysis of Republican Governors by Nate Silver of The New York Times ranked Pence as the second most conservative governor in the country. Pence was a Republican member of the United States House of Representatives from 2001 to 2013. In his final year in the House of Representatives, Pence was named a “far-right Republican leader” according to GovTrack’s analysis of design sponsorship of the law. A spokesperson for Pence revealed that Pence tested negative for the coronavirus on March 21, 2020. Pence was tested after one of his employees tested positive.
|Real Name||Michael Richard Pence|
|Nick Name||Mike Pence|
|Born||June 7, 1959|
|Age||60 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||48th vice president of the United States|
|Political party||Republican (1983–present)|
|Birthplace||Columbus, Indiana, U.S|
|Height/ Tall||In feet – 5 ft 8 in|
|Biceps Size||Not Known|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||9 (US)|
|Parents||Father: Edward Joseph Pence Jr.
Mother: Nancy Jane
|Siblings||Brother: Greg Pence
Sister: Not Known
|Previous Dating?||Not Known|
|Girlfriend/ Dating||Not Known|
|Spouse/ Wife||Karen Batten (m. 1985)|
|Children||(3) Michael, Charlotte, and Audrey|
|Education||1. Hanover College (BA)
2. Indiana University – Purdue
3. University Indianapolis (JD)
|Social Media Links||,|
Mike Pence Age, Height and Weight
- In 2020, Mike Pence is 60 years old.
- He stands at a height of 5 feet 8 inches.
- It weighs about 70kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and his hair is blonde.
- He wears a UK size 9.
Mike Pence with his wife Karen Pence
mike pence wife
- Mike and Karen Pence have been married since 1985.
- They met while he was studying law at Indiana University.
- The couple blessed three children named Michael, Charlotte and Audrey.
- Based on his previous dating history, he is not known to the general public.
Fast facts on Mike Pence
Mike Pence’s early life and education
- Michael Richard Pence was born on June 7, 1959, in Columbus, Indiana.
- His mother’s name is Nancy Jane and his father’s name is Edward Joseph Pence Jr., who ran a gas station group.
- His family was made up of Irish Catholic Democrats.
- He also has brothers.
- His older brother, Greg, ran in 2018 to represent Indiana’s 6th congressional district.
- In 1988, Pence’s father died, leaving his mother, Nancy, a widow with four adult and two teenage children.
- On May 1, 2004, Pence’s mother married Basil Coolidge Fritsch, a widower since 2001.
- According to his records, he graduated from Columbus North High School in 1977.
- In 1981 he graduated in history at the University of Hannover.
Mike Pence’s career
- In 2012, Mike Pence announced that he would seek the Republican nomination for Governor of Indiana.
- In 2013, he was sworn in as the 50th Governor of Indiana.
- In 2015, Pence signed Indiana Senate Bill 101, also known as the Indiana “Religious Objection” bill.
- In May 2017, Pence filed papers with the FEC to create a Great America Committee, PAC, chaired by former campaign staffers Nick Ayers and Marty Obst.
- This is the only time a vice president has launched his PAC while still in office.
- Pence, in a New York Times editorial, dismissed claims that he would run for president in 2020, calling them “ridiculous and absurd” and calling the article “disgraceful and offensive.”
Facts about Mike Pence
- Pence grew up in a Catholic family, served as an altar boy and attended parochial school.
- Pence’s father died in 1988, leaving his mother Nancy, a widow with four adult children and two teenagers.
- Pence has four pets: a cat, a dog, a rabbit, and a snake.
- His rabbit’s name is Marlon Bundo.
- In college he became a born Christian.
- Pence, Indiana, has one of the biggest smoking problems in the United States.
- His Instagram bio reads: “Vice President Mike Pence. Husband, father and honor of being the 48th Vice President of the United States. 🇮🇹 & #8221!