JK Rowling is a British writer, screenwriter, producer and philanthropist. She is best known for writing the Harry Potter fantasy series. More information about J. K. Rowling’s childhood age, height, weight, boyfriend and many other facts.
|Real Name||Joanne Rowling|
|Nick Name||J.K. Rowling|
|Birthday||31 July 1965|
|Birthplace||Yate, Gloucestershire, England|
|Height||5 ft 4 in (1.65 m)|
|Weight||55 Kg (121 lbs)|
|Body Stats||34-24-36 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||6 (US)|
|Spouse||1. Jorge Arantes2. Neil Murray|
|Net Worth||Approx £795 m|
JK Rowling Fast Facts
- How old is J.K. Rowling? She is 55 years old. She was born on July 31, 1965 in Yeith, Gloucestershire. Her birth name is JK Rowling.
- How tall is J.K. Rowling? She stands at a height of 5 feet 4 inches or 1.65 m or 165 cm and weighs approximately 55 kg or 121 pounds.
- What are your parents’ names? Joanna’s parents met on the train at King’s Cross Station, which Joanna later used as a gateway to the wizarding world in the Harry Potter books.
- She is an animal lover.
- He loves spending time with his children.
- She has a bold and elegant personality.
- She has British citizenship and is ethnically mixed.
- She is a very intelligent woman and likes to spend more time reading books.
- He also has brothers.
- Rowling also owns a £4.5m Georgian house in Kensington, west London, on a 24-hour guarded street.
- In 2017, Forbes named her the highest-paid author in the world with an annual income of £72 million ($95 million).
- What is the net worth of J.K. Rowling? The Sunday Times 2020 Rich List puts Rowling at £795 million and ranks her as the 178th richest person in the UK.
- Who is J.K. Rowling’s husband? Rowling married Neil Murray (born June 30, 1971), a Scottish doctor, in 2001.
- The couple also have a son named David Gordon. He was born on March 24, 2003.
- She is a close friend of Sarah Brown, the wife of former Prime Minister Gordon Brown.
- He cited civil rights activist Jessica Mitford as his biggest influence.
- Rowling was the protagonist of the opening ceremony of the 2012 Summer Olympics in London.
- Rowling’s mother, Anne, died in December after ten years of multiple sclerosis.
- Rowling was writing Harry Potter at the time and never told her mother.
- Her mother’s death had a great influence on Rowling’s work and she channeled her sense of loss by writing more about Harry’s sense of loss in the first book.
- He has a large following on his Instagram account.
- From an early age he had a passion for writing.
- One day she had a miscarriage.
- During her marriage she suffered domestic violence, which Rowling herself later confirmed.
- He received his BA in French and Classics from the University of Exeter.
- After divorcing her husband, she was left unemployed with a dependent child, but describes her failure as a release that allowed her to focus on writing.
- During this time, he was diagnosed with clinical depression and contemplated suicide.
- His Harry Potter book has become a global brand worth around $15 billion.
- In 2013, she was ranked the 13th most powerful woman in the UK by Woman’s Hour on BBC Radio 4.
- Her Instagram bio reads: “I think JK Rowling is perfect, I love and adore her, she is my inspiration and Harry Potter is the best thing ever.”