Most companies need logistics to support a large number of work processes. This is such an important element, without which it is unlikely that companies will be able to function normally. But arranging logistics is not so easy.
All documentation, routes, invoices, and much more – this is a large number of pieces of paper and records that need to be controlled and taken into account. Therefore, to make life easier for entrepreneurs you can contact supply chain software development, developers. But how to choose such a program and what is needed for this?
Before choosing a logistics program, you should find out 3 important points. To make sure you choose the best program, it’s not enough just to try it or explore the list of features. To avoid disappointment, you should ask yourself 3 basic questions that are often overlooked.
Is the program compatible with your other computer tools?
Even if you choose the best program in the world, it will not be useful to you if it is impossible to exchange data with your usual tools (ERP, CRM, billing, accounting, etc.).
To increase productivity and avoid multiple entries of the same data into different programs, the logistics program must be able to automatically interact with your other tools that process data coming from the supply chain, as well as with the main solutions of your suppliers and carriers.
Fortunately, program publishers offer various solutions, such as:
- Export of information to a standardized file format (Excel, Google Sheets, etc.).
- Systems of electronic data interchange (EDI).
- Special computer developments such as plug-ins and API keys connect two programs or applications very easily.
Do you prefer Saas or a “local” program?
Currently, most logistics management software is only available in SaaS mode. In short, you access a program or application remotely from any terminal connected to the Internet. For users, the benefits are numerous:
- Excellent rate flexibility. You pay a monthly bonus which can vary depending on the number of users and can easily increase or decrease.
- No initial investment.
- The price includes the cost of accommodation, maintenance, and development of the publishing house. On the technical side, as long as you have an internet connection, you don’t have to worry anymore.
- To guarantee the integrity of their information systems at all costs, some companies operating in sensitive sectors such as heavy industry require a “local” version. All data is placed at the client’s site. This type of installation involves the purchase of an operating license, which is usually very expensive.
Does the software publisher have other clients in the same industry as yours?
Be sure to visit the publisher’s website or ask their seller for recommendations from other customers. Some of them are multi-purpose programs, while others are designed to solve more specific problems.
In any case, you should choose a borrower who is already working with professionals in your field. In this way, you will enjoy personalized responses and ongoing specific developments.
Perhaps your store for which logistics operations are performed is located on Magento, then here you need to have time to adapt to all updates and migrate to the new Magento 2 site. And you can do this using https://dinarys.com/magento-to-magento2.