Henry Dargan McMaster (born May 27, 1947) is an American politician, attorney, and member of the Republican Party who served as the 117th Governor of South Carolina since January 24, 2017. He graduated from the University of Carolina from the South with a bachelor’s degree in history in 1969 and from the University of South Carolina School of Law with a bachelor’s degree in law in 1973.
|Real Name||Henry Dargan McMaster|
|Nick Name||Henry McMaster|
|Born||May 27, 1947|
|Age||72 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||117th Governor of South Carolina|
|Birthplace||Columbia, South Carolina, U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet – 5’8″|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: John Gregg
Mother: Ida Dargan
|Spouse/ Wife||Peggy Anderson (m. 1978)|
|Education||University of South Carolina (BA, JD)|
|Net Worth||Approx $20 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||,|
Henry Macmaster Age, Height and Weight
- In 2020, Henry McMaster is 72 years old.
- He is 5 feet 8 inches tall.
- It weighs about 70kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and his hair is blonde.
- Wear UK size 9.
Fast facts on Henry McMaster
Henry McMaster with his wife Peggy Anderson
wife of henry mcmaster
- As of 2020, Henry McMaster has been married to Peggy Anderson since 1978.
- McMaster and his wife own several houses and apartments for rent in the Columbia, South Carolina area.
- One home owned by McMasters is McCord House, built in 1849 and used as Union headquarters during the Civil War.
- In 2016, McMaster’s tax returns showed that he received $7.7 million in rent from these homes between 2006 and 2015.
- He paid just over $500,000 for maintenance, upkeep and cleaning.
- In addition, McMaster reportedly paid more than $16,000 in fines for violating the orders.
Early Childhood and Education by Henry McMaster
- McMaster was born on May 27, 1947, in Columbia, South Carolina.
- He is the eldest son of John Gregg and Ida Dargan (Pet) McMaster.
- He received his bachelor’s degree in history from the University of South Carolina in 1969.
- In keeping with his background, he was a member of the Kappa Alpha Order and the South Carolina Student Legislature as an undergraduate student.
- He graduated from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 1973, where he served on the editorial board of the South Carolina Law Review.
- That same year, he was inducted into the South Carolina Richland County Bar Association.
- He served in the United States Army Reserves and was honorably discharged in 1975.
Henry McMaster career
- On May 8, 1993, McMaster was elected leader of the South Carolina Republican Party.
- He was then re-elected to the Republican State Convention in 1996, 1998, and 2000.
- In this capacity, he was also a member of the Republican National Committee from 1993 to 2002.
- Under President McMaster, the Republican Party took over the governorship, several state offices, and the state House of Representatives in 1994, finally taking over the powerful state Senate in 2000.
- Under McMaster, the South Carolina Republican Party also held highly controversial and successful presidential primaries in 1996 and 2000.
- On March 28, 2002, McMaster announced his resignation as party leader to run for the office of Attorney General in 2002.
Henry McMaster Salary and Net Worth
- In 2020, Henry McMaster’s salary is estimated to be around $106,078.
- Your luck is appreciated
- The first family income in South Carolina jumped to more than $400,000 in 2015 after losses of more than $120,000 were recorded in 2000.
- During this time, South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster and his wife Peggy posted sales of approximately $3.4 million.
- About $1.7 million of that income came from renting 16 properties around the University of South Carolina campus and other assets, including the Pauli Island beach house the family rents out.
- McMaster allowed reporters, at the state’s request, to view but not copy 16 years of tax returns.
- The media requested McMasters’ tax returns after a state grand jury indicted another Richland County Republican, a state senator, last week.
- John Courson funneled the money through a political consulting firm that also advised the governor extensively.
Facts about Henry McMaster
- McMaster, like most governors during the 2020 COVID outbreak, declared a state of emergency and closed schools and non-essential businesses in the state.
- He also issued a house arrest warrant or work order, which is essentially a house arrest warrant under a different name.
- On April 20, 2020, McMaster was the target of reopening beaches and retail stores five days after South Carolina had the most new positive COVID19 tests, but McMaster added additional social distancing requirements to his executive order. .
- He noted that the economy has stalled due to the coronavirus and expects the economy to “boil” by June 2020.