Anand Kumar was born on January 1, 1973 in Patna, Bihar, India. He is a renowned Indian Mathematics teacher, best known for his Super 30 program. He started the program in Patna, Bihar in 2002, where he taught underprivileged students for their competitions like IITJEE, the Indian Institute of Technology Entrance Examination.
In 2018, he was 422 out of 481 students selected for IIT and his work was featured in a documentary on the Discovery Channel. Anand discussed his Super 30 program at MIT, Harvard, and various institutions. His plan was for low-income students who are talented but lack the funds. Anand’s work can be seen and also in 2019 a film about his life and work called Super 30 was shot in which Hrithik Roshan played the role of Anand Kumar.
|Height (approx)||in centimeters: 168 cmin meters: 1.68 min feet inches: 5’ 6”|
|Weight (approx)||in kilograms: 65 kgin pounds: 130 lbs|
Anand Kumar Wiki/Biography
Anand is also known as a Super 30 man. He belongs to Hinduism, he was born in Patna, his father was an employee. The financial situation of him was not very good. He attended Hindi public school where he developed an interest in mathematics. He attended Patna high school and during graduation he contributed articles on number theory that were published in MathematicalSpectrum. However, he too entered Cambridge University but was unable to enroll due to his father’s death and financial situation. He later completed his studies at Bihar National College, Patna University.
Anand Kumar was the father of an Indian post clerk and his mother Jayanti Devi was a housewife. He has a brother named Pranav Kumar who is a violinist.
relationship, wife, children
Anand Kumar’s marital status is married, his wife’s name is Ritu. She is a former student of I.I. Rourkee. She also has a son named Jagat Kumar.
Anand Kumar is 46 years old. He is 168 cm, 1.68 meters and 5 feet tall. His skin color is brown, his eyes and hair color is black.
Anand of Bihar National College, Bihar Patna College of Science. In 1992 he started teaching math classes. However, Anand founded his own institution called the Ramanujan School of Mathematics. He rented a classroom for 500 rupees a month and I started teaching there.
The number of students grew from 2 to 36 and then grew to nearly 500 self-enrolled students. A poor student came to him looking for an institution to prepare for IITJEE because he couldn’t afford the tuition due to poverty, so Anand decided to start the Super 30 program in 2002. He takes an exam every May at the Ramanujan School of Mathematics. . He took care of himself, from providing study materials to food. His mother cooks for these children and his brother Pranav takes care of the administration. His goal is to educate students who have enough talents but lack resources.
Anand Kumar is known for his work on the Super 30 show. He is a competent and talented math teacher. In March 2009, the hour-long Super 30 series premiered on the Discovery Channel and was broadcast on BBC Shows. The New York Times devoted half a page to Kumar’s life and plans. He also talked about his project and his experience in some global platforms like IIM Ahmedabad, IITs, University of British Columbia, University of Tokyo and Stanford University. In 2009, he was listed in the Limca Book of Records for helping raise children in need and helping them achieve IIT by offering free lessons.
Anand Kumar’s achievements are much bigger than the movie based on his true story and it was shown at the box office with Hrithik Roshan in the lead role of Anand Kumar which was a huge success.
Indian President Ram Nath Kovind presented the Rashtriya Bal Kalyan Award. In November 2010, he received the 2010 Prof. Yashwantrao Kelkar Yuva Puraskar Award from Ail Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad in Bangalore. He was included in the list of the 20 Pioneer masters of the world according to the British magazine Monocle. On November 8, 2018, Anand Kumar was awarded the World Education Prize and the Malabar Gold and Diamond Award in Dubai. His efforts to educate disadvantaged children were considered “revolutionary”. Anand congratulated in the United States, at a reception in California for the 2019 Educational Excellence Award from the Foundation for Educational Excellence.
Interesting facts about Anand Kumar
- Since he was a child he wanted to become a mathematician and wanted to do something new in the field of mathematics.
- Cambridge and the University of Sheffield offered him to study there, but he was unable to enroll due to the death of his father and his financial situation.
- To earn the income he needed for his family, he sold jowls with his mother on grad nights.
- In the 2011 Bollywood film Aarakshan, Prakash Jha, the role of Amitabh Bachchan was inspired by Anand Kumar and his Super 30.
- In 2017, he appeared on the popular show Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC) hosted by talented Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan.
- In recognition of his service to disadvantaged students, Karpagam University awarded him an Honorary Doctor of Science (DSC) degree in December 2014.
- His biography, Super 30: Anand Kumar & #8211, was written by psychiatrist Biju Matthew and published in Hindi by Prabhat Prakashan and English by Penguin Random House in 2016. The book was launched by Bihar Chief Minister Nitesh Kumar.
- Former Miss Japan and famous actress Norika Fujiwara visited the Ramanujan Mathematical Society to watch a documentary about Super Thirty.