Mike Smith’s full name is Mike Earl Smith. He is a famous American jockey who was one of the top jockeys in the United States. National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame. He is the second tallest jockey with a net worth of over $312 million according to Wikipedia. The first is Triple Crown winner “Smith Rode,” and at 52 he became the oldest jockey to win the title.
Photo credit: corse di cavalli.com
- Classic American Victories:
|Birth Name||Mike Earl Smith|
|Birth Date||November 24, 1971|
|Age||47 years old|
|Famous For||1. Horse Racing
2. National Museum of Racing’ and ‘Hall of Fame’ in 2003
|House In||New Mexico, U.S.|
|Birthplace||New Mexico, U.S.|
|Height||In centimeters- 162 cm
In meters- 1.62 m
In feet inches- 5’4″
|Weight||In kilograms- 82 kg
In pounds- 181 lbs
|Body Build||Not Known|
|Shoe Size (US)||9 (US)|
|Parents||Father: George Smith
Mother: Vidoll Vallejos
|Siblings||Brother: Yes Younger (Name not Known)|
|Dating History||1. Ex- Wife/Divorced (Name Not Known)
2. Chantal Sutherland
|School||Name Not Known|
|Celebrities||Actor: Jason Mamoa
Actress: Emilia Clarke
|Net Worth||$312 million US dollars (As of 2019)|
|Awards||1. National Museum of Racing’ and ‘Hall of Fame’ in 2003|
|Total Career Wins||5441 Races|
|Major Wins||1. United States Triple Crown (2018)
2. Kentucky Derby (2005, 2018)
3. Belmont Stakes (2010, 2013, 2018)
Mike Smith Age, height, weight and measurements
- In 2109, Mike Smith was 47 years old.
- He stands 5 feet 4 inches tall.
- It weighs approximately 82 kg or 181 pounds.
- Its dimensions are currently unknown.
- He has brown eyes and bald hair.
Mike Smith Wiki/Biography
What is Mike Smith net worth?
- As of 2019, Mike Smith’s net worth is estimated to be around $312 million.
- His main source of income is his career as a jockey.
- Smith is the second most powerful jockey in the history of horse riding after John R. Velasquez.
Wife, wife and friend of Mike Smith
- Mike Smith has been married to his girlfriend Cynthia Naanu since 2019.
- He has been married twice.
- The first marriage was with the daughter of jockey John L. Lively, then they separated after 14 years of marriage.
- He later had a long-term relationship and married his girlfriend Cynthia Naanuch at Santa Rita Catholic Church in Sierra Madre, California.
- He also dated jockey Chantal Sutherland from 2008 to 2010 before marrying another man.
Photo credit: Wikipedia
Mike Smith Birth, family and education
- Michael Earl Smith was born on November 24, 1971 in Dexter, New Mexico.
- He grew up with his parents.
- His father is also a jockey named George Smith and his mother is named Vidoll Vallejos.
- Their parents divorced.
- He has a younger brother.
- He lived on his maternal grandparents’ horse farm, where he learned to ride and began training horses.
Mike Smith’s Career: Major Racing Awards and List of Merits
Classic American Victories:
- US Triple Crown (2018)
- Kentucky Derby (2005, 2018)
- Preakness Stakes (1993, 2018)
- Belmont Stakes (2010, 2013, 2018)
- Kentucky Oaks (2013, 2017)
Win the Breeders Cup:
- US Triple Crown (2018)
- Preakness Stakes (2 times – 1993, 2018)
- Kentucky Derby (2 times – 2005, 2018)
- Kentucky Oaks (2 times – 2013, 2017)
- Belmont Stakes (3 times – 2010, 2013, 2018)
- Kenui Breeders Cup (5 times – 1995, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2012)
- Breeders’ Cup Classic (4 times – 1997, 2009, 2011, 2016)
- Young Fillies Breeders Cup (3 times – 2008, 2015, 2017)
- Grass Sprint Breeders Cup (2 times – 2012, 2013)
- Breeders Cup Marathon (2013)
- Breeders Cup – Sprint Mares and Mares (2014, 2016)
- Junior Cup Breeder (2 times – 1995, 2002).
- Dirty Mile Breeders Cup (2016)
- Breeders’ Cup Millet (1992, 1993)
- Breeders Cup Sprint (2 times – 1994, 2011)
- Prato Breeders’ Cup (1994)
- Breeders Cup Junior Turf (2013)
Victories in international competitions:
- Irish 2,000 Guineas (1991)
- Queen’s Dish (1997)
- Taylor Stakes EP (1999)
- Breeders’ Stakes (2000)
- World Championship in Dubai (2017)
- ESPY Award for Best American Jockey (1994, 2019)
- Eclipse Award for Best Jockey (1993, 1994)
- Mike Venice Memorial Award (1994)
- George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award (2000)
- Big Sport of Turfdom Award (2009/2010)
- Bill Shoemaker Awards (2012, 2013, 2016)
- Laffite Pincay Jr. Award (2017) Triple Crown (2018)
Awards and honours:
- In 2003 he was recognized by the National Museum of Racing and the Hall of Fame.
- As of January 26, 2018, he has received a total of 5,441 awards throughout his career.
Photo credit: Flickr.
Facts about Mike Smith
- The most profitable year of his life was 2017, when he made more than $20.
- He currently leads the vanguard for the Kentucky Derby at the event in 2019.
- In 1982 he received his jockey license at the age of 16.
- His main mounts are: Again, Assign, Azeri, Bodemeister, Cherokee Run, Coronado’s Quest, Drosselmeyer, Giacomo, Dude Game, Holy Bull, Justify, Lure, Madeo, Mizdirection, Malice Palace, Prairie Bayou, Royal Delta. Common Faith, Skip Away, Sky Beauty, Songbird, Stardom Bound, Thunder Hollow, Tyago, Song Rampant, In Justification, West Coast, Zenyatta.