John Kevin Stitt (born December 28, 1972) is a prominent and elegant American businessman and politician who has been the 28th Governor of Oklahoma since January 2019. He is also the founder and former Chairman and CEO of Gateway Mortgage Group . A Republican, he was elected governor in 2018, defeating Democratic candidate and former Oklahoma Attorney General Drew Edmondson. Stitt grew up in Norman, Oklahoma, and received her bachelor’s degree in Accounting from Oklahoma State University. He and his wife Sarah have six children. A member of the Cherokee Nation, Stitt is the second Native American, after Johnston Murray, to serve as Governor of Oklahoma.
|Real Name||John Kevin Stitt|
|Nick Name||Kevin Stitt|
|Born||December 28, 1972|
|Age||47 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||28th Governor of Oklahoma|
|Birthplace||Milton, Florida, U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet – 5’8″|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
|Spouse/ Wife||Sarah Hazen (m. 1998)|
|Education||Oklahoma State University–Stillwater (BS)|
|Net Worth||Approx $20 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||,|
Kevin Stitt Age, height and weight
- In 2020, Kevin Stitt is 47 years old.
- He stands at a height of 5 feet 8 inches tall.
- It weighs about 70kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and he has dark brown hair.
- Wear UK size 9.
Kevin Stitt Basic Facts
Kevin Stitt with his wife Sarah Hazen
Kevin Stitt’s wife
- As of 2020, Kevin Stitt’s marital status is Married.
- Stitt married Sarah Hazen in 1998.
- In fact, the couple also have six children.
- Stitt and his wife are active in their church in Tulsa, Woodlake Church.
Kevin Stitt Youth and Education
- Stitt was born on December 28, 1972 in Milton, Florida.
- He spent his early years in Wayne, Oklahoma.
- He then moved to Norman, Oklahoma, where his father served as pastor of Riverside Church.
- In keeping with his education, he graduated from Norman High School and then went on to Oklahoma State University where he earned a bachelor’s degree in accounting. As an OSU student, Stitt worked to support her college education by selling educational products door-to-door with Southwestern Advantage.
- He was the first in the company’s 115-year history to reach peak sales as a salesperson in his first year.
- Stitt is also a member of the Gamma Lambda chapter of the Beta Theta Pi Fraternity.
Kevin Stitt’s career
- In 2000, Stitt worked in the financial services industry before founding Gateway.
- He founded the company and served as President and CEO until January 2014, when he became President and CEO.
- During the campaign, Stitt claims that he founded Gateway in 2000 with “$1,000 and a computer.”
- Stitt’s first hurdle was becoming a Federal Housing Administration (FHA) lender, but the company needed $50,000 in capital.
- To achieve this, Stitt invested his capital in the development of Gateway.
- In 2002, Gateway built its first line of warehouses, began acquiring licenses in states other than Oklahoma, and began hiring loan officers.
- In 2006, Gateway employed more than 400 employees.
- In a 2009 Business Insider article, Gateway was named one of the fifteen most questionable lenders in government-backed home loans.
- Stitt was dedicated on January 14, 2019, at the Oklahoma State Capitol.
- On February 13, 2020, Social Affairs Minister Stephen Buck announced his intention to step down and become the head of a professional body representing long-term care providers.
Kevin Stitt Salary and Net Worth
- In 2020, Kevin Stitt’s salary is estimated to be around $147,000.
- His main source of income is his political career.
- Oklahoma chief justice salary was ranked 31st among United States chief justice salaries.
- The median salary for a Chief Justice of the United States was $155,230.
- The median salary for chiefs of the US Supreme Court was $151,284.
- In 2010, junior judge salaries in Oklahoma ranked 35th among junior judge salaries in the United States.
- The median salary for a judge in the United States was $151,142.
- The median salary for US judges was $145,984.
Facts about Kevin Stitt
- He is a citizen of the Cherokee Nation as a descendant of his great-grandfather, Robert Benton Dawson.
- Dawson was given land in the Skiatook area by virtue of his tribal citizenship, and the land is still owned by the family, now owned by Stitt’s uncle.
- Kevin Stitt’s maternal grandparents were dairy farmers in Skiatook.
- Stitt’s paternal grandfather was previously the head veterinarian of the Oklahoma City Animal Farm.