The easiest way to paste only into visible/filtered cells is to highlight the cells you want to paste into and then use CTRL+D.
How to insert hidden cells?
Copy and paste without hidden columns or rows
- First select the data range with hidden rows or columns.
- Press F5.
- Click on “Special” and then select “Visible cells only”.
- Click OK.
- Now copy the selected cells and then paste them where you want. Only visible cells are pasted.
How to insert values into filtered sheets in Excel?
Paste only visible cells
- Copy cell E2 to the clipboard – just select it and press CTRL+C.
- Select the area you want to paste. In my case E3:E51.
- Press CTRL+G to open the Go To dialog, then click Special in the bottom left:
- In the Go To Special dialog, select select the Cells button that is only visible and click on it OK.
How do I add something special to filtered data?
Copy and paste visible cells only (filtered data)
- Select the range of cells you want to copy.
- Click the Home tab, Find & Select in the Edit group and choose Go To Special…
- In the dialog box, click the Special… button.
- Click the Visible cells only radio button and then click OK.
Can the filtered list be copied and pasted?
Here are some workarounds I use: You can clear all filters and sort by column, which will collect the rows you are interested in. Then do the copy and paste while no row is hidden. To copy selected items in the same rows to an adjacent column, use the Fill Right or Fill Left keyboard shortcut.
How to insert multiple values into filtered cells?
Select the range of cells in your spreadsheet. 2. Press Alt+ (hold down the Alt key and then press the semicolon key). On a Mac, the keyboard shortcut is Cmd+Shift+Z. Excel excludes all hidden data from your selection and you can then copy (Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) only the visible cells.
Why is Excel pasting into hidden cells?
Why are my hidden rows and columns being pasted? If you copy a range of cells that contains hidden rows or columns, Excel will include ALL the selected rows. It doesn’t matter whether they are visible or hidden. When you paste the range, all cells in the selection are pasted.
How to fix this action not working on multiple selection?
If you select multiple groups of cells on a worksheet and try to copy them, Excel may display an error message: This action does not work on multiple selections. To avoid this error, make sure you select multiple regions in the exact same columns. OR, the exact same lines. 3 days ago
Why can’t Excel copy and paste?
The main reason why Excel does not paste data correctly is that you cannot paste the data from a merged cell range into a nonmerged cell range. So to fix Excel not pasting data correctly, select the data > click Merge and Center to disable it > try copying the data again.
Can we copy only the filtered data to the active sheet?
Next, if you open the Advanced Filter tool in the worksheet that contains your original data, choose the Copy to another location option, and in another sheet choose the Copy to range option, the next thing you get is the error message: You can copy only the filtered data to the active sheet.