Gretchen Esther Whitmer (born August 23, 1971) is an American politician and the 49th Governor of Michigan. As a member of the Democratic Party, she served in the Michigan House of Representatives from 2001 to 2006 and the Michigan State Senate from 2006 to 2015. Bio, wiki, age, husband, children and many more facts about her.
|Real Name||Gretchen Esther Whitmer|
|Nick Name||Gretchen Whitmer|
|Born||August 23, 1971|
|Age||48 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||49th Governor of Michigan|
|Birthplace||Lansing, Michigan, U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet – 5’9″|
|Parents||Father: William Milliken
Mother: Frank Kelley
|Spouse/ Husband||1. Gary Shrewsbury (div.)
2. Marc Mallory (m. 2011)
|Education||Michigan State University (BA, JD)|
|Net Worth||Approx $200 Million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||, ,|
Gretchen Whitmer Age, Height and Weight
How tall is Gretchen Whitmer? Her age is 48. She is 5 feet 9 inches tall. Its dimensions are unknown. She weighs about 60 kg, has brown eyes and blonde hair. She wears a UK size 6.
Gretchen Whitmer Net Worth
What is Gretchen Whitmer’s net worth? Her fortune is estimated at about 200 million dollars. Her salary is $159,300. Her source of income is her political career.
Gretchen Whitmer with her husband, Dr. Mark Mallory
Personal information about Gretchen Whitmer
husband gretchen whitmer
Who is Gretchen Whitmer’s husband? Married to Mark Mallory since 2011. Whitmer has two children with her first husband, Gary Shrewsbury. The couple divorced and in 2011 she married dentist Mark Mallory, who has three children from a previous marriage. Whitmer and Mallory live in East Lansing, Michigan, with their two daughters and three sons.
Gretchen Wittmer with family
Gretchen Whitmer, biography, family and childhood
Gretchen Whitmer was born on August 23, 1971 in Lansing, Michigan, United States. She has American citizenship. Her father served as Secretary of the United States Department of Commerce under Governor William Milliken and was President and CEO of Blue Cross Blue Shield in Michigan from 1988 to 2006. Whitmer’s mother served as Assistant Attorney General for the US Attorney Michigan General Frank Kelly. Her parents divorced when she was 10 years old. She and her brothers moved to Grand Rapids with her mother. Her father left her Detroit home at least once a week to visit her family.
Education Gretchen Whitmer
According to Gretchen Whitmer’s background, she graduated from Forest Hills Central High School near Grand Rapids. She received her bachelor’s degree in communications from Michigan State University in 1993 and has a bachelor’s degree from Michigan State University Detroit School of Law, where she graduated in 1998.
Governor Gretchen Whitmer
Gretchen Whitmer’s political career
Chronicle of Gretchen Whitmer’s Political Career: Whitmer initially ran for the Michigan House of Representatives in the 1990s, but was unsuccessful. In 2000 she tried again and was elected to represent the 23rd Legislative District. She was re-elected in 2002 and 2004. On January 3, 2017, Whitmer announced that she would run for Governor of Michigan in 2018.
On August 7, 2018, Whitmer became the Democratic nominee for Governor of Michigan. She carried all 83 districts in the state in the Democratic primary. In July 2018, Republican officials accused Whitmer of supporting the movement to repeal ICE, a claim Whitmer denies. She said that, if elected, she would focus on improving Michigan’s “foundation” such as schools, roads and water systems.
Whitmer’s main opponent was Republican Bill Schutte, a temporary attorney general from Michigan. The two candidates met for a debate on October 12, 2018 in Grand Rapids on WOODTV. The second debate took place on October 24 at WDIV Studios in Detroit. Whitmer defeated Schütt in the November 6 election by nearly 10 points.
Facts about Gretchen Whitmer
- Wiki and biography: In March 2006, Whitmer left the House of Representatives and became a senator.
- She was elected and re-elected in 2006 and 2010.
- In 2011, Whitmer’s Democratic colleagues unanimously elected her Democratic Senate President, making her the first woman to head a Senate party committee.
- He remained in this position for the remainder of his time there.
- Whitmer was unable to run for reelection in 2014 due to term limits, and left office in 2015.
- In 2013, she received national recognition when she spoke out about her experience of sexual violence.
- She told the story during a debate about abortion rights, particularly for rape victims, arguing that victims should be allowed to terminate their pregnancies because of rape.
- Her Instagram bio reads: “49. Governor of Michigan. Proud mother.
- She is active on social media like Twitter.
- Recently, the governor of Michigan was the victim of a kidnapping plot foiled by the right.
- He accused Donald Trump of “inspiring and inciting domestic terrorism.”
- Whitmer’s chief digital officer is Tori Saylor.