Ashanti (born October 13, 1980) is a popular American singer, songwriter, record producer, model, dancer, and actress. She was first seen when she was a teenager in 2002 and then signed with Murder Inc. In the same year, she starred in the movie “What is love?”. by Ciccio Joe. and Ja Rule’s “Always On Time,” which were two of the biggest hits of 2002. “Is Luv?” took first and second place. In addition, she has a huge number of fans among her social networks.
|Real Name||Ashanti Shequoiya Douglas|
|Born||October 13, 1980|
|Age||39 Years Old|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer,
Model, Dancer, Actress
|Famous For||Featured on Fat Joe’s “What’s Luv?”
and Ja Rule’s “Always on Time”
|Birthplace||Glen Cove, New York, U.S|
|Height/ Tall||In feet – 5’6″|
|Weight||Approx 55 Kg|
|Bra Cup Size||32 C|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|Shoe Size||6 (US)|
|Parents||Father: Ken-Kaide Thomas Douglas
Mother: Tina Douglas
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known
Sister: Not Known
|Previous Dating?||Nelly (Rapper)|
|School||Local High School|
|Social Account Links|
|Net Worth||Approx $2 Million USD|
|Primary Sourceof Income||Singing Career|
|Endorsements Income||Approx $500K – $600K|
Ashanti age, height, weight and size
- Ashanti is 39 years old.
- He stands at a height of 5 feet 6 inches tall.
- It weighs approximately 55 kg or 121 pounds.
- Its dimensions are 342637 inches.
- Wear a 32C cup bra.
- Wear US size 6
- He has black eyes and black hair.
- It has a sinuous, seductive and warm figure.
- She is also a fitness fanatic.
- She has glowing and luminous skin.
Ashanti friend and date
- At a press conference at the Grammy Awards on January 1, 2003, he met rapper Nelly.
- He later began dating his boyfriend Nellie.
- Then, in 2014, Ashanti and Nelly ended their long relationship.
- She is also blessed with a baby.
- She is currently not married.
Ashanti’s short biography
- Ashanti’s fortune is estimated to be around $2 million.
- His main source of income is his singing career.
- You also earn from brand mentions and sponsorships.
- His YouTube ad revenue is in the $100,000 range.
Ashanti early life and education
- Douglas was born on October 13, 1980 in Glen Cove, New York.
- He has American citizenship.
- He is of mixed ethnicity.
- Her mother’s name is Tina Douglas and she is of African-American descent.
- Her father is a former dance teacher named KenKaide Thomas Douglas.
- He is also African-American and a former singer.
- Her mother named her after the Ashanti Empire in Ghana.
- His grandfather’s name is James and in the 1960s he was a civil rights activist associated with Martin Luther King Jr.
- Judging by the certificates, he went to high school.
- As a teenager, she performed on a local talent show and several smaller festivals.
- In 1992, he first saw an additional child role in Malcolm X and Who’s the Man? by Spike Lee. Ted Deme.
- She has also made several appearances in music videos such as KRSOne’s “MC’s Act Like They Don’t Know” and 8Off’s “Ghetto Girl.”
- Additionally, she continued to perform in and around New York City and began dating Murder Inc. in hopes of making a breakthrough.
- As for her career, Irv Gotti first noticed her for her vocal abilities.
- In 2001 it also appeared on the soundtrack for the movie Fast and Furious.
- In 2002, he starred in What’s Love? by Ciccio Joe. and “Always on Time” by Ja Rule. “What’s the advantage?” and “Always on Time” came out at the same time.
- Both became huge hits in 2002.
- In 2003 he released the Christmas album Ashanti Christmas.
- It contained 10 Christmas carols and was a modest commercial success, with approximately 100,000 copies sold in the United States.
- In 2004 he released the single “Only U”.
- In fact, his song “Only U” peaked at number 13 on the Billboard Hot 100 and became his biggest hit in the UK.
- Ashanti focused more on her acting career and made her film debut in 2005 with Coach Carter.
- In 2006, he starred in the teen comedy John Tucker Must Die.
- In 2007, he played a supporting role in the action movie Resident Evil: Extinction.
- In 2008 he released his fourth studio album, La Declaration.
- Irv Gotti has announced that he will officially release Ashanti on The Inc. Record in 2009.
- In 2011, she released her fifth studio album, The Woman You Love.
- He released another single in 2013 called “Never Should Have.”
- In 2014, he revealed the official cover art and release date for Braveheart.
- In 2015 he was working on new music for his seventh album.
- In 2016, he collaborated on the song “Seven Day Love”, which was included on Canadian singer Belli’s album Inzombia.
- In 2018, he released a collaboration album with rapper Ja Rule.
- In 2019 he released the single “Floating”.
- She also starred in two episodes of the third season of The CW’s Dynasty reboot, also in 2019, as herself.
- He likes to do charity.
- In 2003, it partnered with LidRock and the San Francisco-based Foundation for the Prevention of Domestic Violence.
- It has a huge number of fans among its social networks.
- For the song “Just Stand Up” he collaborated with famous artists such as Mariah Carey, Beyoncé, Mary J. Blige, Rihanna, Fergie, Sheryl Crow, Miley Cyrus, Melissa Etheridge, Natasha Bedingfield, Keyshia Cole, Ciara, Leona Lewis and LeAnn . Frost and Carrie Underwood.
- Yellow is his favorite color.
- Her Instagram bio reads: “Ashanti merch available below!!!!! Written by the CEO of entertainment.”
- He also loves animals.
Ashanti Shekoya Douglas is an American singer and songwriter. She is the first female artist to reach the top two spots on the Billboard Hot 100 simultaneously, thanks to hits like Foolish and What's Lux? As of 2021, Ashanti's net worth is estimated to be around $8 million.
When she was around 12 years old, Ashanti’s mother noticed that she could sing very well for someone her age. It was at this point that her mother began to strive to give Ashanti more opportunities to unlock this potential in her.
This led to her writing songs while she was still in high school. She has also been active in several local talent shows and has even appeared in several music videos and several movies in a supporting role as a child actress.
Ashanti net worth and career
Check out this post on Instagram
Ashanti insisted that she wanted to be a singer, but found it difficult to start as she had not yet landed a record deal. However, Ashanti continued to write and perform songs until Murder Inc decided to work with her.
This was a major turning point in her career, as it led to her being featured in the work of various artists, including Cadillac Tah, on songs like Just Like A Thug. In 2002 she appeared on What’s Luv? And Always on time, released by two different artists.
However, both songs became the most streamed songs of 2002 and brought Ashanti to the big screen with great success. It also led her to be the only artist to simultaneously appear on the top two songs of the Billboard Hot 100.
With momentum on her side, Ashanti began work on her debut single called Foolish. The song became a huge hit and led to another record he shared with the Beatles with 3 songs in the top ten on the Hot 100 chart.
He himself released his debut album Ashanti in 2002.
By this time, Ashanti had become rich through popular fame. Ashanti won two American Music Awards for the album, as well as a Grammy Award. But it was just beginning, as success was on its way.
Ashanti released her seventh album in 2017. Some of her recent collaborations include songs like Say Less and Tha Carter V, where she has worked with artists like Ty Dolla Sign and Lil Wayne.
Ashanti was in a relationship with a rapper named Nelly and they also performed together at the Grammy Awards in 2003. Their relationship lasted 11 years and had ups and downs, which were covered by the media. However, in 2014 they broke up.
As of 2021, Ashanti’s net worth is estimated at $8 million. Having sold millions of copies of her albums and creating great music throughout her career, Ashanti has been able to amass such a fortune over the years.